The U10 division will play a minimum of three (3) games with an 8 vs. 8 format. The boys division will play on Saturday, September 23rd and the girls division will play on Sunday the 24th. All U10 teams will receive a participation award with no division standings. All U10 games will be officiated by a one (1) man system. All games will be officiated by USSF Certified Referees.
Please limit your teams to fifteen (15) players for the U10 division. All players must be certified by the CJSA or their state association on their appropriate status. Teams will be notified of their acceptance and additional information will be sent.
All CJSA and SCD playing rules will apply EXCEPT for the following:
1. U10 games will be 8 v 8 (7 players plus a keeper).
2. Clubs entering more than one team may not switch players between rosters.
3. U10 teams will play 40 minute games with two twenty (20) minute halves. There will be a five (5) minute break between halves.
4. Substitutions will be without limit and may be made during any stoppage of play with the referee’s permission provided that those players entering the game are at midfield waiting to go in at the time the whistle is blown to stop play. Each player should play a minimum of 50% of the game.
5. The first team on the schedule for each game will be considered the home team for that game. Home teams will change their jerseys in case of a conflict or wear pennies. To start every game the home team will choose direction and the away team will start the game with possession. There will not be a coin toss to start the game.
6. There will be a single referee for U10 games.
7. A player receiving a red card is disqualified from his/her team’s nextgame. A player receiving a second red card is disqualified from therest of the tournament.
8. Matches will start promptly as scheduled. Teams should warm-up for games on auxiliary areas of the tournament site so that they are ready to start play at the scheduled time. Games may begin earlier then scheduled if a field is available. A team not ready to play at the start time forfeits the match.
9. Only two (2) coaches and the rostered players are allowed in theteam’s bench area.
10. The Five-goal rule will be in effect for the tournament.